Behavioral Issues are common in children and are sure to arise at some point. Managing them can be a challenge when you don’t know how to go about it healthily. Here are five great podcasts that help you with information, strategies and tips to manage your children’s behavioral issues healthily and ensure that they learn and grow from the experience.
1. Good Inside Podcast – Dr. Becky Kennedy, clinical psychologist, and mother of three, hosts this weekly parenting podcast. These quick 30 minute episodes tackle various topics with great insight, like tantrums, listening issues, and developing stronger parent-child relationships. This podcast has started up more recently and shows great promise as it continues to release! Listeners can expect to hear lots of fantastic insight as well as many great takeaways, all to help parents better understand their children.
2. Ask Lisa: The Psychology of Parenting – Raising children can sometimes be a stressful and challenging process, which is why host Dr. Lisa Damour and her co-host Reena Ninan created this podcast. They answer common questions about parenting relating to mental health and behavioral issues from an informed and practical perspective in a timely manner. They answer many timeless questions like “How Do I Get My Kids to Stop Fighting?” to more specific ones relating to the pandemic. Listeners can expect weekly episodes filled with great tips and knowledge, and if there’s a question you need answering, they encourage you to send it in!
3. The Child Repair Guide – Pediatrician and father of two, Dr. Steve Silvestro, hosts this podcast and brings wisdom and insight from his background working directly in the children’s health and wellness field. Every week, Dr. Silvestro shares his past experiences and offers advice to help parents on various subjects covering all age groups, a variety of different development issues, and more. Listeners can expect weekly deep dives on various topics that give you the tools to develop happy and healthy children.
4. Parenting Great Kids – Pediatrician, mother, and best-selling author, Dr. Meg Meeker, is here to share her insight to help simplify parenting as well as teen and children’s health. Each biweekly episode dives into a specific topic, relevant issue, or even the answers to real questions from the viewers. With a backlog of 130+ episodes, every listener can expect to find an episode pertinent to them to provide them with great tools and knowledge.
5. Your Parenting Mojo – Jen Lumanlan first started this podcast while pursuing a masters in psychology focusing on child developments; 130+ episodes and two master’s degrees later, Jen is still publishing weekly episodes. Jen presents a respectful method of parenting based on the research she’s done while earning her degrees. Jen moves from topic to topic, inviting different guests and providing listeners with unique new insight and knowledge, all relating to better help your child develop. Listeners can expect to receive the tools to help their children thrive while making the task of parenting seem easier and less stressful in the progress.